Xinjiang Explained in 4 Minutes – If you care about people, Uyghurs, XinJiang, Spare four minutes to understand properly!
by Chris Kanthan of World Affairs Blog
The extremely complex and controversial topic of Uyghurs in China is quickly demystified below. Basically, it’s about three things: separatism, terrorism, and geopolitics.
- The crux of the matter is about separatism
- A tiny fraction of Uyghurs demand their own country. They call it “Turkistan” (or East Turkestan) and want it to be created out of China’s Xinjiang province.
- No country in world history has tolerated separatism and secession.
- Separatist demands are not reasonable
- Uyghurs are 0.7% of China’s population. And the separatists want Xinjiang, which is four times the size of Germany or 16% of China’s land area! Not gonna happen.
- Uyghurs in urban areas like Urumqi are secular and they definitely don’t want to live in an Islamic state run by religious extremists.
- The US bombs Uyghurs and other Muslims, while demonizing China
- There are thousands of Uyghur terrorists in Afghanistan. And guess what? The U.S. bombs and kills them! Oh, the US also captures Uyghurs and sends them to Guantanamo to be tortured. Are those actions better than China sending the jihadists to education and job-training programs???
- The U.S. spent $6 trillion bombing numerous Muslim countries and created 50 million Muslim refugees over the last 20 years. And the U.S. is crying about Uyghur human rights??
- (4.) Good Jihadists, Bad Jihadists
- Uyghur jihadists in Afghanistan or Syria are bad when they threaten NATO/U.S. military. However, when these jihadists go back to China, they are portrayed by the West as freedom fighters or innocent victims. Sheer hypocrisy.
- (5) U.S. role in creating Uyghur jihadists
- In the 1980s, the U.S. recruited, funded, trained, and armed Islamic militants (“Mujahedeens”) from all over the world to fight the USSR in Afghanistan. Not surprisingly, thousands of Uyghurs joined this jihad, since Afghanistan shares a border with Xinjiang.
- Uyghur militants colluded with Bin Laden and created a group called “East Turkistan Islamic Movement” or ETIM, which is designated as a terrorist group by the U.N
For more in-depth analysis of this, check out the the blog post, also from Chris Kanthan: “Xinjiang and Uyghurs:(Ed)
What You’re Not Being Told.”
Here’s the article is full: worldaffairs.blog xinjiang-explained
See also – Guest Posts from selected writers: https://bestchinainfo.com/guest-posts/
To continue reading this go to: worldaffairs how-china-can-cripple-us
The author of this article is Chris Kanthan. He is a hi-tech professional in the San Francisco Bay Area, and is also a writer and an author, trying to raise awareness about politics, world affairs, food and health through non-partisan blog posts, often with a twist of satire.
You can check out his books — available on Amazon (Kindle & paperback), Smashwords, Apple’s iBooks etc.
- Geopolitics For Dummies
- The Cure for Russophobia
- Deconstructing the Syrian War
- What the heck happened to the USA?
- Deconstructing Monsanto
All the writing in this article is copyrighted. Please contact the author Chris Kanthan at [email protected] if you would like to republish or use any of the materials. Chris has been published in dozens of websites including Nation of Change, Activist Post, SOTT.net, Russia Insider and others.
Disclaimer: Reproduction does not necessarily mean Best China Info concur, agree or disagree entirely with any external content, nor do we make any claims for the complete veracity of any post – But everything we post we feel at the very least is a worthwhile read – and useful for gaining perspective!
‘Too much, too much perspective now’—David St Hubbins; Spinal Tap
5 thoughts on “XinJiang Explained in 4 minutes: if you actually care!”
Any facts contrary to bs CCP controlled narratives in original source article was Twittered, Facebooked by u know who. I know, I got censored twice there??
Hi Leland, thanks for your input.
We appreciate all comments as long as they’re not offensive or disrespectful.
Not sure what you mean exactly. By CCP do you mean CPC?
We reproduced this article with kind permission of the author Chris Kanthan, who lives in the US.
He’s an independent writer and thinker; as far as his blog at: https://worldaffairs.blog/ is concerned he’s not paid for his opinion and research. We presume he’s an American, or possibly Canadian, not, as far as we know, Chinese. It seems to us that his research and statement of facts bears examination as being pretty much true and verifiable fact.
It’s also our opinion, after much research that it is the western depiction of the ‘situation’ in XinJiang, that is the false narrative.
We’ve been blocked and censored by Facebook and Twitter ourselves for not adopting the standardised western propaganda on China.
It’s quite common knowledge and quite provable fact that Twitter and Facebook are acting beyond the remit of their role. Which role is, theoretically, social media free speech platforms. That is to say, they are deliberately and purposefully censoring and ‘regulating’ what can be said, hiding, blocking and restricting what can be seen, and only showing material that suits the ‘MIC’ narrative.
The BBC and the Guardian are no different – the western mainstream media #MSM has been reduced to nothing more than the MIC typing pool. A bunch of stenographers with no moral compass. ‘Bought and paid for’ mouthpieces for corporate interest.
Anyway, this is our position!
Thanks again for the input.
Thank you, do you have the statistics of Xinjiang GDP? Thanks!
Thanks for your comment, but unfortunately, we don’t have that kind of information.
America is the devil. I have all along despised this great nation thinking it will bring justice, peace and prosperity to the entire world. I was mistaken.
Comments are closed.